The number of MOOCs available for the TCLF industries is relatively small and only a few isolated examples are available. Here are a few (free) successful cases:
- Manager of an Innovative Leather Company – This MOOC analyses current management processes in the Leather Industry and shows how to improve them to develop an innovative company. The MOOC focus on aspects such as innovation management, leather processes development, standardization and quality control, environmental impact of the tannng industries, health and safety at work and other personal and transversal skills. The course lasts for eight weeks, seven corresponding to the different modules and a final week to deliver a course project work.
- Future textile and clothing managers starter kit – This MOOC addressed the competences required to become a Textile and Clothing manager
- Manager for an Efficient and Innovative Footwear Industry – The main aim of the MOOC Manager for an Efficient and Innovative Footwear Industry is to improve the knowledge and skills of managers (and potential ones) of companies in the footwear sector and related areas. The MOOC is in line with the mentality of the new professionals recently joining the footwear industry labour force and provides incentives the development of innovative footwear materials as a result of the training process.
There are also a few examples of commercial MOOCs addressing these industries:
- Textile 4.0 – Textile and Apparel Industry in Industry 4.0 – This MOOC covers five sections on Introduction to the Textile and Apparel Industry, Introduction to Industry 4.0 and the Industry 4.0 Environment, Introduction to Cyber Physical Systems (CPS), Introduction to Smart Factories, The Impact of Industry 4.0 on the Textile and Apparel Industry.
- Textile Testing and Processing Fundamentals: Yarns and Fabrics – This is a fundamental course in textile testing and processing, as an entry factor to get a job in the Textile industry.
- Footwear Design Basics: Sketch Footwear Concepts Like a Professional – This MOOC explores the basics of footwear design and sketch techniques used in the industry in order to improve sketching and communication skills for portfolio or design purposes. Starts with pen warm-up techniques, utilize templates to start sketching shoes, then accomplish side profiles and perspectives of shoes in freehand. Students also create sketches and renders in Sketchbook Pro, and explore tools in Adobe Photoshop to enhance renderings for presentation purposes.
- Footwear Design School: Learn how to be a footwear designer: Understand the Fundamentals of footwear design – This MOOC goes from the initial ideas in design to a fully developed collection.